Friday, July 22, 2011

39+1 (39 weeks plus 1 day, just in case it wasn't understood)

I finally filled out a birth plan. I have been hesitating because when I was working on the labor and delivery unit during school, all the nurses would make fun of ladies that brought in their own birth plan. However, the more I think about it, the more I want to be able to communicate with all the members of my labor team. And I think it will be extremely difficult to lovingly share my thoughts and opinions while I'm trying my best to endure the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. So...it's just better that I wrote it down. I'm in the process of writing my mom and Mark a little letter letting them know exactly what I need from them during labor, nothing too crazy: lots of encouragement, some wiping away of my sweat, breathing with me when I forget to, and reminding that this too shall pass. And the most important thing for them to do is back me up when I tell the nurses that I don't want drugs (nurses can be pushy because they don't like to see their patients in so much pain :))

I think I felt a real contraction this morning! at 4:50 am I was jarred awake by a terrible, radiating pain that went high across my tummy and shot down ward. Then my back and low abdomen started to ache (ladies-it felt like intense menstrual cramps). I've been having a ton of pelvic pressure and achy-ness lately, especially when I walk for long periods of time. So today I decided to take a break from my usual hour and 10 minute walk. If I feel up to it, I will go in the morning.

Today I am savoring how fast my hair has grown and how healthy it is! And my finger nails too, I will miss the super growth speed when I'm not pregnant any more :)

1 comment:

  1. Good girl on the birth plan!! Also on writing out what you want from your mom and Mark. Such a great idea. Praying it all goes smoothly and just the way you want it... well, the best possible at least :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete