Thursday, July 21, 2011

39 weeks!

Alrighty! Let's get this show on the road. Every morning I wake up and think, "Could this be the day, do I feel different in any way, am I still pregnant?" Then I try to sit up and find that it's impossible to sit up with out using my arms, my stomach muscles are still stretched beyond belief cradling my bundle of joy.

Two evenings ago we had the great pleasure of having our "last supper" with our dear friends John and Jordanna. I love how easily the conversation flows with them, how it's so natural for the four of us to talk about the future and what it holds for us, all the time committing it to the Lord. On the drive home from Claim Jumper in La Mesa Mark and I reflected on how rare it is to find friendship like that, and how blessed we are to have several Godly couples that we call our friends. Thank you, Jesus.

Elle's official due date in July 28th, exactly one week from today. It's my goal to write something every day until she arrives. It should be easy because I'm feeling so nostalgic lately, I know a chapter of my life is coming to a close, a great chapter of freedom, no pain, really only worrying about myself and my well being. Every time I mention to a lady who's already had children that I'm so excited to start the chapter of my life as a mom and that I'm totally over being pregnant, they tell me to savor every moment Elle is still in my tummy because motherhood is nothing like what I'm thinking it will be like.  So that's what I'm trying to do, savor.

Last night, I got to savor one more of Jessi's "Girl's Night In" evenings. So amazing!! It was all of the girls from our old Bible study. I love how it worked out like that, it really blessed my heart! That's one of the things that I've been nostalgic about; leaving behind all my friendships. I was feeling like that would be taken away from me when Elle is born and when we move. Last night I received closure, I guess that's what you can call it. I feel like I've left that part of my life (staying up late, sharing stories, spending time with just the girls) in a wonderful place. I'm not scared or sad any more or grieving the loss of my freedom as a young woman. I was refreshed to realize that my friends will always be in my life, and I started to get excited to think about making new friends!

Enough of that, on to what being pregnant at 39 weeks feels like! Here are some pictures first. Graduation from nursing school and my baby shower. Enjoy!!



 Yay! I did it, officially I'm Katherine Ritter, RN
 At my pinning ceremony with Steve and Ladee, the smartest people I've ever met!

 Sky, Rachel and me waiting for our names to be called.
 at my baby shower, so fun!
 Elle's blanket that Toni lovingly made her. Can you see Elle's name spelled out?
 Aunt Vicki with pink hair (????)
 My favorite onsie that says "I melt daddy's heart". Can't wait to take a pic with her wearing it!!
Elle is fully developed and just waiting until the precise moment when she wants to show her pretty little face. My belly is as big as it's going to get (thank God!), I've already gained the weight I'm going to gain (33LBS at my heaviest, ahhh!) I'm happy, excited, impatient, and oh so scared about D-Day. Feeling that  much emotion at once is exhausting! Not to mention I have a little cold. Mark has it worse than me, but I still feel a little run down. But still I try to walk every day. I go to the Bay and walk for about an hour and 10 minutes. They say that's the best thing a pregnant woman can do. At our last Dr. apt (yesterday) my cervix was thinned out about half way and no dilation yet. I've been having "practice" contractions for a while now but they always go away. I'm impatiently anticipating that first real contraction that means Elle is on her way! EEEEEEE! that thought makes me so excited, I can't wait to hold her, to look at her eyes, to put her tiny hand in my hand, to kiss her tiny toes, oh! my heart melts when I think about her :) So far as early labor signs go: baby has "dropped" into my pelvis, loss of a couple pounds, nesting, low back ache, and lots of pelvic aches and pains. Now we are on the look out for the elusive 'mucus plug' that shows up when dilation begins. (I apologize if that's too much information for some of you! Pregnancy is kinda icky!)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, sweet Katie - it was such a joy to spend time with you last night. I am so blessed by your friendship and am continuing to pray for your darling little family as you add a little bundle of joy and get ready to move/job search. I love you, dear friend.

    ... here goes nothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo hoooo graduated!!

    I love you. Seriously you are the best!! I totally blogged about you and Mark after we had dinner at Claim Jumper too... http://www.jordannamcgovern.com/2011/07/two-by-two.html... love our friendship! And we will stay friends when you move! Goodness, this sounds like it's the end. It's not the end. Just a new chapter. A few new chapters :).

    So fun to get the Bible study girls together too. That was a special time!

    ReplyDelete